Wednesday, September 26

..a vocal master class..

Back 1,5 year ago, Simon told Elliott Yamin when he sang “A song for you” on AI stage that he’s a vocal master class. What he said to him is completely true.

He prove to his audience in Glorietta mall on 22nd Sept, that he’s one of the great singer who absolutely will have a brighter music future. I’m so grateful that I had a chance to see him live. I was extremely amazed, touched, goosebumped everytime he opened his mouth and started to sing.

His show started at 7 pm, but the line was already started 3 hours before, as Elliott did some check sounds and sang couple of songs for the show. However, this also showed that people are so crazy for him. At 6 pm, the gate was open, and people were running to get the best seat. We didn’t get the nearest seat to the stage, but at least we were sitting on the aisle and in front of us were not a big guy so our view were okay, no blocking whatsoever.

When the announcer said the show would be started in few minutes and the band member were walking on the stage, people suddenly couldn’t sit still. I guess I know the reason why, they though Aaron (the percussionist) was Elliott. Well they do look alike, because of the beard and the cap, although he’s taller than Elliott J Not quite long, Elliott showed up, walked and sat on the stool.

In front of 300 audiences who got the stub and perhaps more than 300 people leaning on the rail in every Glorietta’s floor and sat outside the fence of activity centre, he made people screaming his name, saying “I love you” to him many many times, including me J J J

Wearing black & white shirt, black pants and grey cowboy hat, he opened the show with “Find a way” which he dedicated to the troops in Iraq. The next song he sang is “Train wreck”, and on the middle of the song, he introduced his band member, Russell (beside Elliott, people were screaming his name too), Aaron and Jooney. Without wasting any time and the moment, he continued to sing an up beat song, the one that I really love “Moving on”. People were helping him by clapping their hands, although I was thinking that it could be better if people were standing up and dancing along with him. I’m the man is his next song and as you all could guess, all of the women were screaming like a mad man whenever he touched the reffrain “I’m the man who holds my ground, I'm the man who sticks around, I'm the man to hold you tight, Cause I'm the man in love with you ooh”.. I bet all the women wishing that it’s not just a song, but he really said it to them personally J J

He really made a good introduction of his next song and amazingly, people knew what he’s gonna sing, just because he said “it’s gonna be my next single’. Yes, it’s “One word” and everytime he said one word, people are putting their pointing finger in the air, doing exactly the same as he did.

The next song was not on his CD, titled “In love with you forever”. It’s an upbeat song and like in Moving On, people were helping him by clapping their hands and when he said “I’m in love with you forever til I die, I am yours, you are mine”, as you might predict, women are screaming like crazy.

“Take my breath away” is his next song. After he ended the song, apparently he really lose his breath as he went behind the stage without saying any words and followed by the band’s member with their face looking at each other, not knowing what was happening. Thankfully, after couple of minutes, he went back on stage and sang his first single which was a big hit in Manila and he was hoping that there’ll be more hit single coming from his CD (AMEEEEENNN…)

Yes, people… It’s “Wait for you”, sung beautifully by him. People sang along with him throughout the song and almost the end of the song, he gave the microphone to the crowd and he just listen to our singing, but it only for few lines J Next song was “A song for you”. It’s his charmed song, as he sang it from his 1st to 4th audition and brought it on stage with Ricky Minor band and made Paula Abdul cried J When he sang it, I automatically got goosebumps. It was Perfect with the capital and bold “P”.

It’s the last song from him as him and the other member went back stage. But nobody from the audience would let him end the show just like that, so we all clapping our hands so hard and screaming his names out loud until he went on stage again.

He finally came out, although he only wore his under shirt and sang one more song to the crowds. Unfortunately, I didn’t remember his song L And yes, this is his last song for the shows regardless people still screaming for more.

After the show, people were lining up for the meet-and-greet where divided in two sessions, CD signing and photo shooting. I bought his CD the morning when I lined up for the stub so I’m so excited that he would sign it. And also, I’m wearing the T-shirt that I made in Jakarta and I really wish that he would sign it.

And my time eventually came. I was on the stage, got my CD on hand and when I came to him, I was like “my goodness, it’s real, it’s damn real..”. After he signed my CD, I asked him whether he wanted to sign my T-shirt and he did sign it. He was sooooo nice, very humble, genuine. Puuurrrrfectooo !!!

Everybody was off da stage, but still hanging around it. Got to talk to Monet and at first, she said that Elliott couldn’t make it to have a pix with the group. The group gave her the Yaminoys t-shirt which she wore it right away and we took a pix with her. When she went inside, we still didn’t move a thing, hoping that Elliott changed his mind. Monet came out and told us that Elliott would take a pix with us and “aaaaaaarrrggghhh…”, we were jumping upside down. But then she said, we should not draw any attention from other people, otherwise he wouldn’t do so. So we acted cool, but since we already screamed earlier and people notice it, few of them were coming towards us.

Elliott finally showed up with the Yaminoy’s t-shirt and we went so crazy, couldn’t behave anymore. We took couple of group picture with him holding the tarp and although it’s only for few minutes, he already made us putting a smiley face for the rest of the nite. And hopefully, he would put the pix on his myspace J J

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment