Monday, December 31

..31st Dec 2007..

Today is the last day of 2007. So many things happened in my life and lotsa them are worth to remember though they’re not always a good thing to memorize. I wanna take this moment to write down those moments.

 

In this early year, after 20 months working in Nokia, I resigned and move to its biggest competitor. I didn’t think I caused a chaotic moment in Nokia, but I could sense they were kinda panic knowing me move to the other side, though no words came out from my mouth (it’s an unwritten ethic, otherwise they got in the way). They tried anything to keep me there, from offering me double salary, permanent status, even a position in a department that I barely had a background of, but nothing could keep me stay a little bit longer. I had to go back-and-forth meeting the HR, the manager, directors explaining the “real” reason of my resignation and rejected every offer they gave me. It really was the right decision I made, coz I heard from people who still work there that the situation in Nokia after merging with Siemens is not getting better. I thank God for not making myself changed my mind on that time, although in my early days here, I still think that I made the wrong choice. Now I’m enjoying my work so much, not so much pressure and I absolutely has a social life, a time for myself. Time is all I didn’t have while I was in Nokia. Yet for the friendship I have, no place beats Nokia. I couldn’t get the chemistry I had when I was in Nokia, although I’m here for almost 11 months. People in here are different, while they are all my age. But I don’t know, they are just too serious. That’s why I don’t hang out with them. Besides, I have friends outside the office, so it’s no biggie for me.

 

This year, I had 2 times traveling with my mom. First one was to Medan for 3 days in May. And second one was in August to Palembang for a weekend getaway where mbak Desy came along too. Going back to Palembang after 24 years I left the city gave me a different feeling. I was born in this city and my childhood moment is still pretty much hanging on my mind. On that “napak tilas”, I went to my kindergarten, primary school, the house that I used to live in (where it’s all gone now, hiks..), and I ate pempek everyday. I left that city with a note that I had to go back there again and found my long lost friend.

 

I flew to Manila on September to see Elliott Yamin’s show for 2 nights. I didn’t know Manila, I had no friends there, but yet I still go with all my guts as I know that he wouldn’t come to Jakarta, and only God knows when he eventually would have a show here. And one thing, it was the fasting month. Well, thanks to my virtual friends I found from friendster before leaving to Manila, which leads me to join yaminoys, the mailing list for EY’s Pinoy fans, I didn’t feel alone at all. They really are good people and I did have great times with them. And one friend, Toni, she called me all the way from US just checking me out. And she called the Yaminoys just to make sure they took a good care of me. Talking about Elliott, I got a picture with him, got him signed my T-shirt and also my CD. Toni was also the one who made this all come true. She took care of everything. I owe them big and I couldn’t thank them enough for everything they’ve done to make my trip remarkable. Although I lost my digital camera after watching the show on the 1st night, but since I was so thrilled and excited with Elliott’s performance, I didn’t even care about it.

 

I had hi-skool reunion on November and it was great.. I could meet my friends again, people whom I barely see for years, some of them I didn’t keep contact with after graduating from skool. On that reunion which was held for 2 days, I really had a blast. Even I talked to friends whom I never talked with during hi-skool. We caught up each other long story in a very short moment. It was great, just great, and our hard work for only 2 weeks paid off. Our booth perhaps the most to talk about, since ours had the “lounge” theme. So you could imagine the cozy couches, coffee table, wooden stool, and not to forget the DJ table in the corner. I wish we had this kinda thing every year, or at least every 2-3 years.

 

Early on December, I went to Bali after 2 years absent. It was different, the city develops a lot. I only spent 3 days there, really relaxing, so I didn’t go to places I used to go whenever I go to Bali, like Ubud, Sukawati, or other tourist destinations. I just spent my daytime in Kuta and nitetime in Seminyak with the Embassy folks. Not enuff thou, but I could go back there again. Thanks to David who allowed me to sleep in his room for 2 nite and Yenny for 1 nite, so I didn’t have to spend my money for a room in a hotel. Too bad that David had to work til midnite while I was there, so I just saw him in the morning and had breakfast together. Thankfully, I didn’t meet the other Embassy folks beside Firzi & bu Rini.

 

If on September I saw Elliott in Manila, this month, I had the chance to see Taylor’s live performance in Jakarta in Asian Idol’s result show. To be honest, the feeling I had when I saw Elliot and Taylor was not the same. Perhaps when I saw Taylor, the atmosphere didn’t support it. As you know, American Idol show is not a big thing in here coz we have our own Indonesian Idol. That’s why when he performed, perhaps only few people knew him. Nobody screamed or shouted “Soul Patrol” to him. He’s giving a good performance, but too bad the respond he got was not that good. He sang 3 songs, but 1 song is a group song, sung by him and the 6 Asian Idol contestants.

 

I bought a car this year. I didn’t plan too, but I had to because it’s all for the family sake. My sista resigned from her office so she must returned the office’s car. If I should think about me alone, I don’t need to buy a car. I’d rather save the money for other things, but I have to think about my family and we all need cars for grocery shopping, going to relatives’ house, things that you couldn’t even think of. So 1 day after getting sms from my sista about her resignation, I bought a car. I didn’t take a lot of time to think, it’s just something that I have to do for this family.

 

For guys, I didn’t have much to tell, though this year is better than 2006 in terms of fooling around. Few new guys tried to get to know me better, but I dunno, don’t wanna think about it at all.

 

I don’t have any hope or somewhat called it resolution for 2008. I’m just being grateful that I still live, I still have my family, my mom especially, have a job, have friends and have this wonderful life. I couldn’t ask for more from God. I admit that sumtimes I couldn’t satisfy myself and need more than what I have, but most of the times, I have all I need in life. That’s why in 2008, I wanna let everything go with flow, just hoping that next year will be better.

 

That’s all


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment